1. What do you want your audience to know about you and your background?
ay job in order to make ends meet.
2. Why should readers check out your serial instead of watching videos of cute cats on Youtube?
Cute cats are great, cute cats are amazing if you’re in a fluffy type of mood.
Me? I’m more of the cynical, depressive type. All that happy-cuteness makes me want to vomit. Are you the scotch-drinking, cigar smoking-type of person? Do you wear a black turtleneck and a beret? Think that the world sucks, keep on paying taxes, etc? Are you darkly idealistic, but cynical at the same time? Then, do I have the book for you! My writing’s only got hints of sunshine, and inconsequential amounts of happiness.
I put my main character through hell. It’s guaranteed to make you feel better about yourself.
3. You’re on a deserted island: what three books do you bring with you to read over and over again, and why?
Starship Troopers by Robert Heinlein
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Oh, and a Survival Guide. I’ve got to be practical, after all.
4. What inspires you as a writer?
I am inspired by music, with strong lyrics, or classical music that can tell a great story (Moonlight Sonata, for example).
Poetry set to a melody can move the heart because it’s so three-dimensional in it’s ability to engulf a person in feeling. A well-composed stanza of an emotive song will spurn me to write a story behind it, until I concoct a reason for why a person would sing those words.
5. Lets take a quick hop into the Official Eat Your Serial Time Machine. What advice would you offer to 9-year old you?
Reconsider the black makeup, flipped out goth hair, and the cameo choker. About a decade from now, there’ll be a series called Twilight that will thrust the type of people you hate into that exact same look. The short-haired girl in the movie will have your exact haircut.
Save yourself the embarrassment, and just don’t do it.
It’s for the best.
6. And we have to ask: What’s your favorite cereal?
Too easy, I’m coocoo for coco puffs.